The Guardian calls it “the most brutal sport on Earth”. The New York Times calls it “a most dangerous game”, and Vice describes it as “equal parts ball game and bare-knuckle MMA”. For the people of Florence, it’s a yearly tradition.
- Italy’s annual calcio storico tournament — part football, part MMA – is a brutal sight to behold from ESPN
- The Most Dangerous Game from The New York Times
- What is Florence’s Calcio Storico — The Strange History of the World’s Most Violent Sport from The Local
- 2016 Match Between the Azzurri & the Rossi (Youtube): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_tn5Ji0nac
- Trieste by Josh Lippi & The Overtimers